foreign

Hans Aberg haberg@matematik.su.se
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:24:06 +0200

At 11:17 +0200 2001/08/10, Koen Claessen wrote:
>My question is: does anybody know what the status of the FFI
>is in the latest Hugs? Should I use the "primitive" keywords
>instead?

The strategy I used when implementing Apple high-level events on the
MacHugs was to pass over strings only: I found two different foreign
interfaces in the C source code, combined them in order to provide
conversions back and forth to lazy Haskell/strict C strings. Then I
hardwired some new primitives in a new module that must be loaded in order
to call my extensions in C.

  Hans Aberg