specifying library locations to ./configure ?

Duncan Coutts dcoutts@cray.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:23:11 -0500

Hi,

I can report a sucessful build on mips-sgi-irix6.5 (if anyone's
interested)

My problem is about how to cope with a missing libreadline.a
For some reason (don't ask me why), the system I work with does not have
readline installed - and I'm not root! I have a working copy of
libreadline.a locally and would like to use that (so that the lack of line
editing and command history in hugs doesn't drive me crazy!).
Is there anyway to tell the ./configure script to look for readline in a
specific location, or can I hack the makefile afterwards, or can I tell
the loader to search an extra location?

Any advice much apreciated.
I'm sure you know how irritating a minor thing like this can be. :-)

Duncan