[HOpenGL] My thoughts/problem while coding

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:54:56 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 8:17 AM, L Corbijn <aspergesoepje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my not so recent coding for the OpenGL library I’ve met a few
> difficulties and questions. The most important one is that the current
> implementation for textures is not scalable. It relies on the assumption
> that there are only certain amount of texture targets for each dimension
> (only one for 1D and 3D). As OpenGL 3.0 adds a few targets this would
> introduce some extra targets this would lead to breaking the api. It's
> probably best to introduce it in the 'summer release', though earlier might
> also be possible in some opt in way (extra import?). My proposal for the new
> implementation of texture target is at the bottom of this email, as I wasn't
> sure whether or not attachments would work with the mailing list.

Looks like no one has responded to your message yet.

Thank you for pointing this out.  It does indeed sound like a problem
with the current implementation.

I'll have to think about this a bit more.  Do I understand you
correctly that you would like there to be a more general interface for
marshaling data in the OpenGL binding?

Thanks!
Jason