[HOpenGL] Rendering to texture

Balazs Komuves bkomuves at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:33:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have patches against an older version of the OpenGL library (namely,
2.2.1.1),
which introduce the necessary functionality:

http://code.haskell.org/~bkomuves/hopengl_2009-03-13.patch

Render to texture works pretty well with that (except that some drivers
crash sometimes
when querying the framebuffer status...). The FBO part is in the module

Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.GL.FBO

For example the C call `glBindFramebuffer' will become the statevar
`framebufferBinding'.

However, these patches are incompatible with the newer versions of the
OpenGL binding,
which builds on OpenGLRaw; probably it wouldn't be too much work to port
them, but
I haven't had time to investigate that.

Balazs

2010/4/27 Alexander Göransson <alexander.goransson at gmail.com>

> Here's some C code i want to translate to haskell, but i can't find
> the proper bindings. I've been greping OpenGL and OpenGLRaw, but i
>  can't find anything:

>    // Let us create an FBO; to do this add the following at the end of
> initGL:
>    glGenFramebuffers(1, &frameBuffer);
>    // Bind the framebuffer such that following commands will affect it.
>    glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, frameBuffer);

    [...]