[HOpenGL] renderString not working in ghci

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Wed May 20 03:24:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been playing around with GLUT (latest version from hackage, on Debian) a
bit yesterday and am having some troubles with renderString. It works fine
when I compile a binary using ghc, but when running from ghci I get an error
similar to the following (I don't have the actual error at hand atm).

freeglut(<interactive>): font 0xsomething not found

From looking at the freeglut code, it seems this means that the font pointer
passed in does not match the address of any of the font variables in the
library. I'm not completely sure how the linking works in ghci, but it
appears that something goes wrong with dynamic linking?

Is this a known problem, or does anyone have any pointers where to debug this?

Gr.

Matthijs

(Please CC me, I'm not subscribed)