[HOpenGL] Re: Fwd: OpenGLRaw

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Mon Aug 10 13:55:24 EDT 2009

[Forwarded to the HOpenGL list, because it might be of general interest]

Am Friday 07 August 2009 08:06:04 schrieben Sie:
> Sven,
>
> I got this working by *removing* GL from the line
>        extra-libraries: GL
> in the *cabal file.
>
> It seems to work with this change. Perhaps GL is needed for another
> build method?
>
> Thank you for doing the hard work with OpenGL and OpenGLRaw, that lets
> us experiment with our ChalkBoard accelerator.
>
> Andy
>
> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: Andy Gill <andygill at ku.edu>
> > Date: August 6, 2009 10:53:37 PM CDT
> > To: Sven Panne <Sven.Panne at aedion.de>
> > Cc: Kevin Matlage <kmatlage at ittc.ku.edu>
> > Subject: OpenGLRaw
> >
> > Hi Sven,
> >
> > I get the following error when trying to include OpenGLRaw, as build
> > out of the box.
> >
> > $ cat Main.hs
> > import Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.Raw
> >
> > main = print "Hello"
> > $ ghc --make Main.hs
> > [1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Main.hs, Main.o )
> > Linking Main ...
> > ld: library not found for -lGL
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > *Any* ideas? I'm stuck. I've got a OSX 10.5. Are there any gotyas I
> > should know about?
> >
> > Andy Gill
>
> Andy Gill, <andygill at ku.edu>
> Assistant Professor
> The University of Kansas, EECS Department
> Information and Telecommunication Technology Center

Is this generally the case for Mac OS X users? If yes, the extra-libraries
line should be excluded in the Cabal file for this platform. Have others
experienced the same problem? Reports would be nice, regardless if things work
or not...

Cheers,
   S.