[HOpenGL] hopengl links

Jamin A. Ohmoto-Frederick jamin1001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 07:02:22 EST 2007

Regarding Chris' post -

I ran into a lot of problems too since there are old
versions of HOpenGL and corresponding examples
floating around out there with differing advice, such
as at http://www.haskell.org/HOpenGL/.  I'm not sure
why it hasn't been updated since it's off of the main
haskell.org.

There are some sites that include a lot of Red Book
examples that should just compile and work with the
method I gave (such as ghc --make Planet.hs).  Anyone
know a reason why some tutorials use the -package GLUT
option?

Try some of these links:

This should have the newer examples (can anyone tell
me if there are any better sites than this?)
http://cvs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/fptools/libraries/GLUT/examples/RedBook/

This is a newer tutorial (blog):
http://blog.mikael.johanssons.org/archive/2006/09/opengl-programming-in-haskell-a-tutorial-part-2/

This is older: