[HOpenGL] lighting doesn't work

Patrick Scheibe mai99dnn at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jan 13 08:01:39 EST 2005

Hi,

Thanx but that wasn't the mistake. I have tested more the this one
"confiuration" of lights and materials before. The problem is it doesn't
matter wether I switch lighting to Enabled. The pictures seems the same to me
with disabled lights.

It would a great help if you or someone else has a running sample of a lighted
scene BUT with the opengl API that comes with ghc.

Cheers
Patrick

On Thursday 13 January 2005 10:11, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like you forgot to set the specular color of the material and
> the lights, which are (0,0,0) by default (LIGHT0 has a default of (1,1,1)).
> The screenshot might be the result of correct lighting without using the
> specular component and using a high ambient component.
> I'm not able to test this theory just now, so I might be searching the
> wrong direction.
>
> regards,
> 	Arjen

<SNIP>