[HOpenGL] Hitdetection is solved!

Patrick Scheibe mai99dnn at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Feb 22 18:34:24 EST 2005

Hi,

I got it.
After reading much stuff, the NeHe Tutorial gave me the one hint I needed.
Now it is clear to me that the whole thing is really intuitive. The first
thought I have had from the beginning was the right one. In the selection
mode (introduced by the getHitRecords) you have to perform all
transformations you did by drawing the scene. My problem was that I called
loadIdentity above my glupersepective and load a identity matrix into the
projection stack. That cleared the pickMatrix stuff.

In this case the RedBook is not really helpful for someone who never did those
things before. One can come to the conclusion that all actions in selection
rendermode must be performed on the projection stack.

Nonetheless all my thanks goes to Sven who gave me some important hints with
his links to the tutorials.

Cheers
Patrick