[HOpenGL] Compiling HOpenGL under recent versions of GHC

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri May 21 20:10:38 EDT 2004

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Regarding the above citation, note that an "archive" is a *static*
> library (i.e. a ".a" file). The ordering doesn't matter for linking
> dynamic libraries.

Sorry, I should have been clearer: The citation makes it clear that
reversing the order will *definitely* lead to trouble when linking
statically (e.g. on Solaris, IIRC).

> [...] If the library lists in package.conf are being used for both purposes
> (i.e. ld and dlopen()), they should probably processed in opposing
> directions for dlopen() vs ld.

This sounds like a cunning idea and should be easy to implement, :-)
probably by reversing "dlls" in the following line of Linker.linkPackage:

	    mapM_ (load_dyn dirs) dlls

SimonM?

Cheers,
    S.