[HOpenGL] ghc-6.0.1 and OpenGL enabled

Patrick Scheibe mai99dnn at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Oct 7 18:16:02 EDT 2003

Hi everyone.
At this time the situation of HOpenGL and ghc --enable-hopenGl is very
confusing to me.
I tried to install the new HOpenGL package from Sven. But the make install
doesnt seem to work. When I tried to compile a simple example of the Redbook
the linker stops because of undefiened references to some c-functions.
If theres some time I post the exact error-message ..

Now I use the openGl that comes with the ghc and I've started to map the
functions of HOpenGl to the corresponding ghc-openGl functions.
Now my question:

The push and popMatrix functions dont seem to be there in future. What should
I use instead of this? If I have the following code:

      pushMatrix
      GL.translate $ vec2Vector3 pos
      let ANGLE adir = toAngle dir
	  ANGLE aheadangle = toAngle headangle
      rotate adir $ Vector3 0.0 0.0 (1.0 :: GLfloat)
      callList $ head ownbodyDL
      rotate aheadangle $ Vector3 0.0 0.0 (1.0 :: GLfloat)
      callList $ ownheadDL
      popMatrix

what are the lines I have to write, that ghc doesnt show errors?

Cheers
Patrick