[HOpenGL] HOpenGL without GLUT

Axel Simon A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:20:11 +0000

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 06:19:51PM +0000, C.Reinke wrote:
> > Just to be clear: Neither GtkGLArea nor GtkGLExt offer any kind of
> > rendering capabilities, they offer the resource management for the
> > current OpenGL context (i.e. the OpenGL state machine(s)).
>
> Does that mean there'll be 3d-scenes running in Gtk menu entries,
> dialogue boxes, buttons, etc.?-)
If you draw into a window then you are usually looking at a custom-made
widget (i.e. DrawingArea widget). But it should mean you can mix 2d
and OpenGl drawing. And of course you can put that costum widget into a
menu entry...

I'll have a look into the similarities of GLUT and the Gtk extension.

Axel.