[HOpenGL] Re: GLUT copyright violation

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:02:18 +0100

Ross Paterson wrote:
> [...] The text you've used is also spread across the manpages included
> in the glut tarball.

I wasn't aware of that.

> Assuming that makes the manpages part of libglut, they would be covered
> by the permission Michael Weber mentioned:
>
>         http://www.fifi.org/doc/glutg3-dev/copyright

Cool! Mark's reply on the bottom of that page is far more than we need.
I'm a bit surprised though that he suddenly even allows modifications of
his library, something which he tried so hard to avoid in the past.

> so it should suffice to change the acknowledgement in GLUT.hs to say
> that your docs are based on the manpages from libglut, by Mark J. Kilgard.

I will gladly do so. Would this calm down everybody here?

Many thanks to Ross for this Happy End! :-)

Cheers,
   S.