[HOpenGL] Starting it all over again

Andre Furtado awfurtado@homelink.com.br
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:01:46 -0200

> [...] Does something like
>
>    #include <GL/glut.h>
>    int main () {
>       glEnd();
>       return 0;
>    }
>
> compile and link under Cygwin?

At first, I got the following problem:

testglut.c:1:21: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory

Then I created usr/include/GL and added glut.h to it. Trying to compile the
above code gives me now the following error:

/cygdrive/c/temp/ccuV8Y3l.o(.text+0x1f):testglut.c: undefined reference to
`_glEnd@0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

...but I think that this was expected. (IMHO, I think it would be nice to
add a warning in the INSTALL file telling that it is necessary to create a
GL dir in usr/include and to put glut.h there. I suggest also that it should
be said what is expect to be in cygwin's path.)

Back to "./configure": now the glut header is found, and my suspects about
the older versions of GLU/GL were right. Fortunately, the newer versions
were found this time:

checking GL version... 1.2
checking GLU version... 1.3

Although "./configure" completed successfully, I could not understand why
the "library containing glutMainLoop" was not found:

checking for library containing glutMainLoop... no

"make depend" also run successfully, but when trying to issue "make
install", the following problem appears:

rm -f GL_BinaryIO.o ; if [ ! -d GL_BinaryIO ]; then mkdir GL_BinaryIO; else
find
 GL_BinaryIO -name '*.o' -print | xargs -s 8000 rm -f __rm_food ; fi ;
"/cygdrive/c/GHC/GHC-5.04.2/BIN/ghc" -syslib lang -split-objs -odir
GL_BinaryIO
-package-name HOpenGL -fglasgow-exts   "-#include <GL/glut.h>" -O   -c
GL_Binary
IO.hs -o GL_BinaryIO.o
c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ghc-445215.hc:4: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [GL_BinaryIO.o] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 1

I tryied to add [cygwin home dir]/usr/include/gl to cygwin's path but it did
work. And then I'm stuck again... :)

Thanks a lot,
-- Andre