[HOpenGL] HOpenGL 1.2

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Wed, 15 May 2002 03:32:45 -0300

>  > mkdir: cannot make directory `/PROGS/GHC5023/BIN/ghc/imports/HOpenGL':
No
>  > such file or directory
>  > make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
>  > make: *** [install] Error 1
>  > [...]
>
> I'm not an expert in the arcane ways cygwin and GHC on M$-platforms mangle
> innocent pathnames, but you could try
>
>     make GHC_LIB_DIR=<wherever your GHC really is> install

Well, using:

make GHC_LIB_DIR=~/ install

worked and the package was installed successfully. But now I have another
problem: I tried to use "make all" to build the examples and then I got:

/PROGS/GHC502/BIN/ghc -i../../lib -I../../lib -syslib util -fglasgow-exts
"-#i
nclude <GL/glut.h>" -O   -c BspTree.hs -o BspTree.o
/PROGS/GHC502/BIN/ghc: not found
make[2]: *** [BspTree.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I'm sure this problem did not exist before installing the package: the
compilation of the examples were ok, except for a warning saying that
"[example] is in package Main but it claims it is in package HOpenGL" or
something like that. Unfortunately, removing the package does not help and
the "/PROGS/GHC502/BIN/ghc: not found" still happens.

[Notice that I restarted the installing process now using ghc5.02 (which is
in /progs/ghc502) rather than ghc5.02.3, just to check if the problem was in
GHC. However, I had exactly the same problems, independent of the compiler
version.]

Any ideas...?
-- Andre