[HOpenGL] GL utilities, toolkits, and questions..

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:43:57 +1000 (EST)

Nick Name <nick.name@inwind.it> wrote,

> > > Is this a good moment, or should I wait for FFI?
> >
> > If we believe the marketing hype, ghc-5.04.1 will have what
> > it takes, and the FFI spec is stable (they say..).
>
> Yes, but (as far as I know) ghc's FFI is not implemented in other
> haskell systems (or am I wrong?). I mean, is there a standardized way to
> call foreign code? Am I wrong?

GHC 5.04 implements the proposed standard FFI.  Hugs is
currently being brought in line by Alastair Reid and nhc98
has it on its todo list.  This is as close to a standard as
you'll get at the moment.

For anything OpenGL related, I would recommend to take
exactly the same route as Sven has done.  Consistency is
good!

Cheers,
Manuel