[HOpenGL] GL utilities, toolkits, and questions..

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:00:25 +0200

On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:32:27 +0100
"C.Reinke" <C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:

> * oh, and why is the default stroke font size so huge? I have
>  * to scale it down by a factor of 100, it seems, to get into
>  * natural proportions..

Could you please post some text rendering example? I am not sure to have
understood it well. Maybe it's better you send it to my private address.

I have to say that hopengl is really comfortable, the strong typing
gives a different feeling, like you can trust what you just wrote.

I am going to write a simple file manager in haskell, it is simple
indeed, but I am not able to decide where to place rendered text and how
to scale it, so I would like your example.

I have 0.1 knowledge of opengl, as you might have noticed, but I am
willing to learn, don't worry, if you have a working example it's just
easier :)

If I have a working prototype soon I'll tell it to the M.L. of course.

Thank you

Vincenzo