[HOpenGL] news on FFI?

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:04:29 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> Hi. I heard Manuel released a new FFI Addendum.

Finally! It was far more work than anybody involved in it expected, I think.
But there is a small glitch currently:

   "As of January 2002, no Haskell system conforms to this FFI standard.
    However, both GHC and NHC98 implement a previous draft version of the
    standard with essentially the same functionality. It is expected that
    both systems will soon be modified to conform to the standard."
   (from http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ffi/)

> I would like to know if that will help to solve that "uncaught exception
> problem" when leaving HOpenGL programs.

A strictly conforming implementation shouldn't have that problem, see:

   http://haskell.org/pipermail/ffi/2002-January/000436.html

I know that Simon "RTS" Marlow :-) is on this list, so perhaps he could answer
the question when GHC is changed this way...

Cheers,
   S.
--
Sven Panne    Fon: +49/89/99567000    Fax: +49/89/99567461
BetaResearch GmbH,    Betastr. 1,    D-85774 Unterfoehring