[HOpenGL] HOpenGL fo 5.04

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:42:47 -0000

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Sven Panne wrote:
>=20
> > Nicolas Oury wrote:
> > > That's the bug I have.
> >
> > Hmmm, Simon said this should still be possible with 5.04.2, so I'm a
> > little bit confused. I've just tried HOpenGL 1.03 with GHC 5.04.1 on
> > Solaris and everything worked fine. I don't have a 5.04.2 at hand
> > currently (Simon: What about the Solaris binary?), so I can't figure
> > things out immediately.
>=20
> In fact, to be precise this is a CVS ghc from the day of parution of
> 5.04.2. (It is compiled on OS X.)
>=20
> (it is self-numbered 5.05...)   I may have take  a bad branch.

Aha, it looks like you got the sources from the HEAD rather than the
5.04 branch (which the recent 5.04.2 release was taken from).

To get the 5.04.2 sources, you do this:

	cvs checkout -r ghc-5-04-2 ...

to get the latest from the 5.04 branch, do this:

	cvs checkout -r ghc-5-04-branch ...

Without the -r option you get the HEAD, where indeed ForeignObj cannot
be passed to a foreign function and there are many other API changes
will no doubt will affect HOpenGL.

Cheers,
	Simon