[HOpenGL] HOpenGL fo 5.04

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:39:08 +0100

Nicolas Oury wrote:
> Hello, is there a version of hopengl working with ghc 5.04? [...]

I guess you mean the latest and greatest GHC 5.04.2, because earlier
versions work quite well with HOpenGL 1.03. Although 5.04.2 is supposed
to be a patchlevel release without noticeable API changes, it isn't
really: GHC's FFI has been synchronized with the FFI addendum, and there
are some subtle changes, e.g. ForeignObjs can't be passed to external
functions anymore.

I'm quite aware of this and have a version which is "almost" working,
including the new GLUT binding with rather extensive Haddock-generated
documentation, which is already part of the fptools repository:

   http://cvs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/fptools/libraries/GLUT/

I really hope that I can make a new release before Christmas, meanwhile
you can either use GHC 5.04.1 or disable GLU quadrics, NURBS, and the
tesselator by hand.

Cheers,
   S.