[HOpenGL] HOpenGL-1.01 Feedback

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:05:58 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> My cygwin is really old... I got it one year ago. [...]

I'd recommend re-installing a fresh cygwin, things seem to go much smoother
now than they did with version B20.1, e.g. the cursor keys are now working
in the bash window (one of the most annoying non-features then), more
complete headers, etc.

> You mean, copy /usr/include/GL to PATH_TO_5.02\include\mingw\GL ?

Exactly.

> > You should always link against the more recent *32 versions
>
> How can I do this? Although I do have the *32 stuff, the examples in
> redbook_hs request for the other (old) stuff... (this is Edson's problem
> also).
>
> I am sending my configure log attached (configure.txt).

Hmmm, strange... Although configure finds opengl32.dll and glu32.dll,
the program wants opengl.dll at runtime. A closer look at your configure
output show that glut.dll is found, not glut32.dll, perhaps this in turn
wants opengl.dll/glu.dll. Did you copy cygwin's /usr/bin/glut32.dll into
windows\system or something similar? And where did your glut.dll come
from?

Could you try to change line 386 in aclocal.m4 from

  SUP_SEARCH_LIBS([#include <GL/glut.h>], glutMainLoop,    glut glut32,      have_glut=yes, have_glut=no)

into

  SUP_SEARCH_LIBS([#include <GL/glut.h>], glutMainLoop,    glut32 glut,      have_glut=yes, have_glut=no)

(i.e. swapping the order in which the GLUT libs are tested), run autoconf
and re-run configure then (after removing config.cache, of course :-}.

As a last resort, have you tried http://www.glsetup.com/, a respectable
initiative to un-break the OpenGL mess on most PCs?

Cheers,
   S.