[HOpenGL] Quadrics

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:35:51 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> [...] In HOpenGL, to create a new Quadric, the command is:
>
> qObj <- newQuadric
>
> But how do I issue deleteQuadric? [...]

Simple answer: Never! :-) The garbage collector automatically takes
care of this via the ForeignObj mechanism (well, this should be
ForeignPtr or something in future versions). deleteQuadric is oly use
internally and not exported, anyway. examples/redbook_HS/Quadric.hs
demonstrates the usage of quadrics in HOpenGL. Tesselators and NURBS
are not explicitly deleted, either, BTW.

OTOH, I must admit that I haven't used GLU's quadrics, tesselators,
and NURBS extensively yet. They are quite a moving target in different
OpenGL versions, but things have settled down a bit recently.

As always, API critique and suggestions are highly welcome.

Cheers,
   S.
--
Sven Panne    Fon: +49/89/99567000    Fax: +49/89/99567461
BetaResearch GmbH,    Betastr. 1,    D-85774 Unterfoehring