[HOpenGL] Profiling & HOpenGL

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:45:17 -0200

> Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> > [...]
> > I'm running HOpenGL-1.01 (NEW pack) and GHC-5.02 under Windows98.
> > Can you all (HOpenGL users) check if you also have this problem?
>
> About a week ago I used profiling with HOpenGL with a GHC-5.03 under
> Linux and it worked fine, but I haven't tried profiling under WinDoze
> for a long time. Anyway, I guess this is more a plattform problem than
> a HOpenGL one. Does profiling of simple "Hello, world!"-programs work?

People at glasgow-haskell-users list said that is not possible to work with
profiling when part of a program was not compiled with the profiling
options. In my case, HOpenGL was not compiled with profiling options, so
when I try to work with profiling in a HOpenGL program, I'm supposed to get
a strange behavior.

So I ask: is there a better way to build a profiling-enabled HOpenGL version
than "hacking" config.mk to add the -prof option to the HC_OPTS?

-- Andre