[HOpenGL] NEW-HOpenGL-1.01 feedback

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:16:26 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> [...] I would like to say that, when I modified aclocal.m4 to make this
> happens before (OLD-HOpenGL-1.01), I DID NOT run "autoconf".

Just guess what *I* have forgotten to do before putting this release
candidate onto the server. :-} But luckily enough, there was enough time
to fix this stealthily...

> [...] Warning messages still appear during the "make step".

As I've already mentioned, these are a consequence of the FFI design and
GreenCard.

> [...] fatal error: GLUT_CBWindow_d7T5: uncaught exception

No response on the FFI front about System.exitWith yet...

> [ size/speed concerns ]

I didn't have a look at the generated code recently, so I've currently
no idea what causes this. But you could give GHC's FFI backend a try
by changing GreenCard's option "-t ghc" to "-t ffi". I'm not sure if
HOpenGL's Makefiles handle all consequences of this correctly, but this
should be easy to fix.

Cheers,
   S.
--
Sven Panne    Fon: +49/89/99567000    Fax: +49/89/99567461
BetaResearch GmbH,    Betastr. 1,    D-85774 Unterfoehring