[HOpenGL] Weird solution... but it worked! (was: HOpenGL-1.01 feedback)

Sven Panne Sven.Panne@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:19:30 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> The good news: copying /usr/include/GL to PATH_TO_5.02\include\mingw\GL
> makes HOpenGL find <GL/glut.h> correctly (I don't have to use the absolute
> path anymore).

Fine. GHC's WinDoze grandmaster promised me to include this fix in the next
InstallShield version of GHC, too.

> [ glut vs. glut32 ]

As WinDoze doesn't come with GLUT, you must have installed it for yourself
somehow. For problems like this, it would be helpful to know the locations
of all OpenGL/GLUT DLLs, with and without *32.

> [...] In other words, how do I "unistall" the older glut version?

By moving glut.dll into "Trash". :-) But there's always the problem that
you can't be sure that no other program still needs it. But in that case
I guess that copying glut32.dll to glut.dll will do the trick.

Nevertheless, I've uploaded a fresh

   http://www.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~Sven.Panne/haskell_libs/HOpenGL/HOpenGL-1.01.tar.gz

which contains the following changes:

   * look for glut32.dll before glut.dll is tried
   * cruel hacks for the GLU versionitis
   * a fix for Char vs. CChar confusion (the keyboard callbacks didn't work)

As usual, feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
   S.