[HF-announce] Retiring the HF mailing lists

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Mon Apr 26 15:21:43 UTC 2021

Hi HF fans!

The HF has been busy piecing itself together, and we are now proud to report several technical projects in the works. Our Executive Director Andrew Boardman will be providing another update later this week with the details.

One of our tasks was in just figuring out how to organize ourselves. This is being done on the repo at https://gitlab.haskell.org/hf/meta <https://gitlab.haskell.org/hf/meta>. That repo contains documents, ratified by the Board of the HF, that describe our way of doing business. You may be interested in https://gitlab.haskell.org/hf/meta/-/blob/main/communication.md <https://gitlab.haskell.org/hf/meta/-/blob/main/communication.md>, which describes our chosen ways of communicating.

We have settled on the following:
* Communication from the HF to the community and communication among community members happens in the Haskell Foundation category of the Haskell Discourse instance: https://discourse.haskell.org/c/haskell-foundation/11 <https://discourse.haskell.org/c/haskell-foundation/11>
* There is also a public Slack instance at haskell-foundation.slack.com <http://haskell-foundation.slack.com/>. Email contact at haskell.foundation <mailto:contact at haskell.foundation> to get an invite.

Given these other communications methods, these lists, hf-discuss at haskell.org <mailto:hf-discuss at haskell.org> and hf-announce at haskell.org <mailto:hf-announce at haskell.org>, are going to be retired. Their functions are replaced by the facilities on Discourse. Note that Discourse allows you to subscribe only to a particular category, so you can limit Discourse notifications to include only HF-related communication, if you so choose.

Thanks for your interest in the HF, and see you on Discourse!
Richard (chair of HF board)