[Hat] no "-package" option for hat-trans?

Ivan Tarasov ivan.tarasov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:00:17 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to hat-transform my program, but I feel that I'm stuck. The
problem is that my program uses external package (namely NumericPrelude)
which I compiled and installed myself (it is visible through ghc-pkg), but I
can't find a way to explain it to hat-trans.

More precisely, I have the following imports in one of the files:
----
{-# OPTIONS -fno-implicit-prelude #-}

import MyPrelude
----

MyPrelude is exported from the NumericPrelude package. However hat-trans
tries to find the MyPrelude.hx. I read the hat-trans man page and found that
there is "-package" option, however it doesn't work. I started to read the
Hat-Trans sources and found that there is actually no such option in
Hat-Trans! So, this seems to be a man page problem, but solving it by
changing man file obviously wouldn't help my source transformation :-)

I tried using hmake -hat, but it didn't help either.

I'm using GHC 6.6.1 (6.6.12), hat 2.5 (2.5+rerolled-3), hmake 3.12 (3.12-1),
all from the Debian repository.

Is there some solution I'm missing, or the documentation page I ought to
read?

Ivan