[Hat] hmake -hat looks for file in /usr/include, not PWD

David Morse dcmorse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:38:49 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> "David Morse" <dcmorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "hmake -hat -package GLUT Main" fails with: "Fail:
> > /usr/include/hat/DoublyLinked.hx: openFile: does not exist (No such
> > file or directory)".  DoublyLinked.hs is sitting right in the
> > directory from which I'm compiling, I'm not sure why the -hat flag
> > causes this digging in /usr/include.
> >
> > This is hat 2.02-12 and hmake-3.09-3 on Debian stable x86.
>
> You are using an older version of Hat, so this behaviour may have been
> fixed already in 2.04.  I'm not sure quite why it is failing.  But one
> possible workaround is to explicitly give the current directory to hmake,
> as a location to look for the .hx pseudo-interface files.  (Use -i.)
>
>     hmake -hat -i. -package GLUT Main
>
> Regards,
>     Malcolm

Hm... the problem persists on a machine with:

hat/dapper  2.04-0ubuntu2
hat-ghc6/dapper 2.04-0ubuntu2
hmake/dapper 3.10-1.1

Also, "-i" doesn't work around, for some reason.

Other than hopengl, this project is basically self-contained, if
anyone's interested in trying to reproduce this, take a look at:
http://www.osaurus.us/~dm/tmp/lanes.tar.gz  (25k)