[Hat] hmake -hat looks for file in /usr/include, not PWD

David Morse dcmorse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 00:45:59 EDT 2006

"hmake -hat -package GLUT Main" fails with: "Fail:
/usr/include/hat/DoublyLinked.hx: openFile: does not exist (No such
file or directory)".  DoublyLinked.hs is sitting right in the
directory from which I'm compiling, I'm not sure why the -hat flag
causes this digging in /usr/include.  Deleting "-hat" causes
successful compilation.

The directory tree looks like this:
lanes/
ByKey.hs  DoublyLinked.hs  IfPrime.hs  Main.hs  MaybeBool.hs
Traffic.hs Traffic/
lanes/Traffic/
Data.hs  Sim.hs  Units.hs

This is hat 2.02-12 and hmake-3.09-3 on Debian stable x86.

This is the full text of the build:
abu ~/sync/lanes hmake -hat -package GLUT Main
hat-trans   MaybeBool.hs
Creating directories Hat
Wrote Hat/MaybeBool.hs
/usr/bin/haskell-compiler   -package GLUT    -c -package hat -o
Hat/MaybeBool.o Hat/MaybeBool.hs
hat-trans   Traffic/Units.hs
Creating directories Hat Hat/Traffic
Wrote Hat/Traffic/Units.hs
/usr/bin/haskell-compiler   -package GLUT    -c -package hat -o
Hat/Traffic/Units.o Hat/Traffic/Units.hs
hat-trans   DoublyLinked.hs
Wrote Hat/DoublyLinked.hs
/usr/bin/haskell-compiler   -package GLUT    -c -package hat -o
Hat/DoublyLinked.o Hat/DoublyLinked.hs
hat-trans   ByKey.hs
Wrote Hat/ByKey.hs
/usr/bin/haskell-compiler   -package GLUT    -c -package hat -o
Hat/ByKey.o Hat/ByKey.hs
hat-trans   IfPrime.hs
Wrote Hat/IfPrime.hs
/usr/bin/haskell-compiler   -package GLUT    -c -package hat -o
Hat/IfPrime.o Hat/IfPrime.hs
hat-trans   Traffic/Sim.hs