[Hat] hat-trail: attempt to read beyond end of file

Barzille barzille at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:02:46 EDT 2006

Hi there,
I just started to use HAT. After Installation, which was hell ^^, I tried
Tutorial Part 1. After compiling

$ hmake -hat Insort

the output is

>hat-trans   Insort.hs
>Creating directories Hat
>Wrote Hat/Insort.hs
>ghc      -c -package hat -o Hat/Insort.o Hat/Insort.hs
>
>Hat/Insort.hs:16:0:
>    Warning: Pattern match(es) are overlapped
>	     In the definition of `hsort': hsort _ p = ...
>
>Hat/Insort.hs:30:0:
>    Warning: Pattern match(es) are overlapped
>	     In the definition of `hinsert': hinsert _ _ p = ...
>ghc     -package hat  -o Insort Hat/Insort.o

After that I run:

$ ./Insort

>agmoprr

Thats nice, I think. But when I start hat-trail

$ hat-trail Insort

the output is:

>hat-trail: attempt to read beyond end of file
>hat-trail: offset = 0x9012cc02, filesize = 0x2008
>hat-trail: errno = 0 (Success)

I don't think that this is nice, is it? Has anybody some hints for me?

Thanks in advance