[Hat] Hat hasn't installed properly

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 6 06:57:22 EST 2006

Thomas Davie <tatd2 at kent.ac.uk> wrote:

> That file never appears to try to copy anything to /usr/local/lib/
> ghc-6.6/imports/Hat (which is where I would expect hi files to end
> up) or /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6/ (which is where I'd expect libHShat.a
> to end up, and why ghc-pkg register fails)...

The libHShat.a library ends up in
    $DESTDIR$PREFIX/lib/hat-$HATVERSION/$MACHINE/ghc-$GHCSYM
which should resolve in your case to
    /usr/local/lib/hat-2.05/x86-darwin/ghc-6.6/
and the interface files should go in
    $DESTDIR$PREFIX/imports/hat-$HATVERSION/ghc-$GHCSYM
which again should resolve to
    /usr/local/imports/hat-2.05/ghc-6.6

These locations are then written into the hat-package.conf file, and
ghc-pkg register is called using that file as input.  I'm not sure how
it can go wrong, unless for some reason your version of GHC is being
detected wrongly as < 6.4.

Regards,
    Malcolm