[Hat] Hat hasn't installed properly

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 11:22:21 EST 2006

Thomas Davie <tatd2 at kent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Something's up with hat-2.05 on my system.  It hasn't installed its
> package correctly.  ./configure, make, sudo make install reported no
> errors, but trying to build using 'hmake -hat' produces this error:
>
> ghc-6.6: unknown package: hat

I don't know why the hat package is not installed on your system.  But I
did find some packaging errors that mean, even it hat was installed, it
would not work with ghc-6.6.

Essentially, ghc now needs to know both the package name _and version_
when building the library, otherwise the linker gets confused and can't
resolve names.  I've pushed a fix to the darcs repo, and will probably
re-roll the 2.05 distribution as well.

Regards,
    Malcolm