[Hat] hat: missing separator in generated config.

David A. Mellis dmellis at gmail.com
Mon May 1 17:54:42 EDT 2006

I don't think this is a problem with hat (since the same thing
happened when I built hmake), but since it breaks the hat
build (at least on my machine), I thought I should report it.

My generated config file (lib/powerpc-Darwin8/config)
contains the three lines (9 through 11):

GHCSYM=

604

and so when running "make", I get the error:

/Users/dmellis/Desktop/hat-2.04/lib/powerpc-Darwin8/config:11: ***
missing separator.  Stop.

This is on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), with GNU Make 3.80.  The
file "targets/powerpc-Darwin8/ghcsym" has two blanks lines
at the beginning, followed by a line with only "604" - perhaps
this is the problem?