[Hat] problems with debian

inormann i.normann at iu-bremen.de
Tue Jul 11 09:50:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

installation of hat on my debian Linux fails returning the message:
hat-ghc6: Depends: ghc6 (< 6.2.2+) but 6.4.1-1 is installed and it is kept
back.

Is there a newer deb-package around that supports ghc-6.4.1?

Alternatively I have just managed to compile hat from the tar-file and
started the little tutorial at
http://www.haskell.org/hat/tutorial1.html

my session with the error report:
hat-trans   Insort.hs
hat-trans is not installed/configured for debian.
  (Tried directory /usr/local/share/lib/hat)
  See your system administrator, or install it yourself from
  http://www.haskell.org/hat/

Now I am really in a dead end :-(
replacing ghc-6.4.1 by ghc- 6.2.2 is not really what I want.

Any suggestions what to do?

Immanuel