[Hat] Hat installation problems

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 10:12:21 EST 2006

Rita,

> I edit the config file and it looks like this:
> GHCSYM=
>
> 604
>
> line 11 is a space between "GHCSYM=" and "604"

The detection script for the ghc version is inserting extra spaces where
there should not be spaces.  You have fixed one place where this is a
problem, but it seems there is at least one more place.

The correct fix is to the detection script itself.  Here is a patch that
should make the detection more robust.  After applying it, you will need
to re-run 'configure', so that the new settings are propagated.

Regards,
    Malcolm