[Hat] trusting standard libs

Bernard Pope bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 13 05:38:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 09:56 +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Kate Krastev <kate at ics.mq.edu.au> writes:
>
> > Is it possible to set all/some Prelude modules to untrusted in Hat?
> > (So I can see exactly what calls what)

Buddha has the same problem.

One idea that was floating around in my head was to supply trusted and
untrusted versions of all the standard libs, and disambiguate them using
the hierarchical module namespace.

For instance you might have a Trusted hierarchy and a Suspicious
hierarchy.

Then it is up to the user to import one or the other. The default would
be to make standard libs as trusted of course.

I don't know how this all fits into the brave new world of packages and
so on, since I'm a little bit behind on that regard.

Cheers,
Bernie.