[Hat] Problems with configure

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 10:44:47 EST 2005

"Luis F. Araujo" <araujo at lbsd.net> writes:

> Im trying to install hat in GNU/Linux, and i got this error
> when running ./configure:
>
>   Looking for ghc...   found 6.2.2
>   WARNING: hat-2.02 needs a version of ghc >= 5.04.
>
> The confusing part for me is that i already have ghc located in:
> /usr/bin/ghc, and apparently the binary is found according to the
> first message, nevertheless, it exist with that error.

The hat-2.02 package was released before ghc-6.0 was available, and the
method of detecting ghc version numbers changed between ghc-5 to ghc-6.

Many other things also changed between ghc-5 and ghc-6, so it is not
easy to get hat-2.02 to work with ghc-6.  However, the development
version of Hat works just fine with ghc-6, so I suggest you collect
a snapshot of our CVS repository from here:

    ftp://ftp.cs.york.ac.uk/pub/haskell/hat/hat-2.03-20050127.tar.gz

Regards,
    Malcolm