[Hat] Hat bug report: Ambiguous occurrence `List'

Fergus Henderson fjh007 at galois.com
Mon Jun 21 20:48:09 EDT 2004

I am trying to get Hat working on a reasonably large and complicated project.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.  I have cut down the code which triggers the
problem to the following simple test case:

 | bash$ cat Foo/List.hs
 | module Foo.List where
 |
 | class List a b where
 |         foo :: a -> b
 |
 | main :: IO ()
 | main = return ()
 |
 | bash$ hmake -hat Foo/List
 | hat-trans  Foo/List.hs
 | Creating directories Hat Hat/Foo
 | Wrote Hat/Foo/List.hs
 | /usr/bin/haskell-compiler      -c -package hat -o Hat/Foo/List.o Hat/Foo/List.hs
 |
 | Hat/Foo/List.hs:1:
 |     Ambiguous occurrence `List'
 |     It could refer to either `Hat.Hat.List', imported from Hat.Prelude at Hat/Foo/List.hs:30
 |                           or `Hat.Foo.List.List', defined at Hat/Foo/List.hs:32

I am using hat-2.02.8 with ghc 6.2 on Debian Linux.

--
Fergus J. Henderson                 |  "I have always known that the pursuit
Galois Connections, Inc.            |  of excellence is a lethal habit"