[Hat] about installing

Facundo Dominguez - INCO fdomin at fing.edu.uy
Tue Oct 14 17:52:28 EDT 2003

Helo:
     My name is Facundo Domínguez. I am trying to install hat-2.02 with
ghc-6.0.1 on an Intel machine with a Linux OS.
     I have troubles to get ghc to accept the code of the debugger due
to some details like:
      * Complaining about Prelude.: instead of just : and Prelude.[]
instead of just []
      * Complaining about "T." prefix in definitions of the method
wrapVal of class WrapVal
      * I got a type error when I tried to compile hatlib/Hat/Hat.hs,
274
      * Finally, I got the following error message from ghc. Here's the
error message obtained after executing make:

ghc -package-name hat -fglasgow-exts  -package lang -package base
-fno-warn-overlapping-patterns -fno-warn-missing-methods
-i/inco/home01/fdomin/fusion/tools/hat-2.02/targets/ix86-Linux/obj/hatlib/ghc
-I/inco/group02/fusion/tools/hat-2.02/include  '-#include "hat-c.h"'
-cpp -c -o
/inco/home01/fdomin/fusion/tools/hat-2.02/targets/ix86-Linux/obj/hatlib/ghc/Hat/Foreign/ForeignPtr.o
Hat/Foreign/ForeignPtr.hs

Hat/Foreign/ForeignPtr.hs:24:
    Couldn't match
   `GHC.ForeignPtr.FinalizerPtr (Hat.Hat.R a)'
   against
   `GHC.IOBase.IO ()'
   Expected type: GHC.ForeignPtr.FinalizerPtr (Hat.Hat.R a)
   Inferred type: GHC.IOBase.IO ()
    In the application `(Hat.Hat.toIO Hat.Hat.toTuple0) knewForeignPtr
            z2newForeignPtr'
    In the second argument of `GHC.ForeignPtr.newForeignPtr', namely
   `((Hat.Hat.toIO Hat.Hat.toTuple0) knewForeignPtr z2newForeignPtr)'

So, I wonder if you have any idea about why I am having so much
dificulties, or better if you have some source distribution for ghc
6.0.1.

Thank you, anyway.
              Facundo