[Hat] bugs, fixes and a wishlist item

Malcolm Wallace hat@haskell.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:58:57 +0000

Isaac Jones <ijones@syntaxpolice.org> writes:

> I'm using ghc 5.04.2 which the web page warns may not work with hat.

The good news is that we plan to release a new version of Hat "real
soon now", which has full support for ghc-5.04.2, including many
of the base hierarchical libraries.  Thanks for the specific points
you mention however - I have checked to ensure that we have either
fixed them already, or will do so before the next release.

> After having spent some time getting hat to work, I can't use it on my
> program since hat does not yet support multi parameter type classes,
> so I thought I'd voice my opinion that supporting these type classes
> would be great :)

And the next release of Hat will indeed support MPTC and functional
dependencies (provided the underlying compiler does, i.e. they will
work with ghc but not with nhc98).

Regards,
    Malcolm