Unacceptable result type in FFI

Neal Alexander wqeqweuqy at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 03:21:33 EST 2009

David Waern wrote:
> 2009/2/8 Neal Alexander <wqeqweuqy at hotmail.com>:
>> David Waern wrote:

>>> I took a look at this problem again, and I think I nailed down to a
>>> GHC bug (but you can never be sure):
>>>
>>>  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3008
>>>
>>> David
>> Thanks for looking at it again.
>>

>> I tried passing -O* to ghc through haddock but it doesn't seem to do
>> anything.
>
> I know! I was also confused by this. But it could perhaps have
> something to do with the fact that Haddock doesn't compile anything,
> at least if you're using one of latest versions :) So, I hoping for
> htis to be a GHC error.
>
> David

For the mailing list's reference:
02/12/09 01:25:40 changed by simonpj

Excellent report.

The real culprit is in the FFI spec: see
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-prime/2009-February/002726.html.

Until that thread is resolved, you can work around this bug by exporting
GL(..). Indeed, if my proposal is accepted, you'll be forced to do that.

Simon