Type Families in Haddock

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:52:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm going to add Type Families support to the Haddock HTML backend.
What would be the best way to do it? I'm thinking it could work
similar to how classes and instances are currently rendered, so that
type/data/newtype instances are collected and attached to type family
declarations. Is this too simplistic? Should we render
type/data/newtype instances as separate entities in the module
documentation instead (and perhaps do the same thing with class
instances)?

Currently, when packages export instances that belong to classes from
other packages, those instances are not documented anywhere. An
advantage of having instances as separate entities in the exporting
module documentation is that no instances are "lost".

David