Standard Library Haddock-Interfaces?

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 5 09:40:31 EST 2004

> > Unfortunately this isn't possible.  Haddock can produce
> documentation
> > with hyperlinks to entities in another package, but it
> cannot include
> > full documentation for entities which are re-expored from a
> different
> > package.  This would require essentially keeping a copy of
> the entire
> > documentation for the package in the interface file.
>
> So what is stored in a Haddock interface file?

For each module, a list of the identifiers that are exported and their
original names.  The same information is stored in GHC interface files,
but it would be a fair bit of work to make Haddock read GHC's interface
format.

> > > Are there standard Haddock-interfaces for the standard
> > > libraries?
> >
> > A GHC distribution comes with Haddock interfaces for all
> the packages
> > that it ships with.
>
> Where? In the Debian package ghc 6.2-0.woody.1 I can only
> find the .hi files, and that's not the same thing, is it?

Perhaps the Debian packages don't include the files?  You can grab them
from the Linux binary tarball anyway.

Cheers,
	Simon