ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 0.6

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 12 10:07:58 EST 2003

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:01:00 -0000, "Simon Marlow"
> <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a new release of Haddock, version 0.6.
>
> Are interface files binary-incompatible with those of
> previous releases?
>
> With a Cygwin-compiled 0.6, I get an error:
>
>   Fail: end of file
>   Action: Data.Binary.getWord8

Yes, they're binary incompatible I'm afraid.

> And BTW, why it is necessary to write
> --read-interface=path,full-filename,
> i.e., why
>

> --read-interface=c:\ghc\doc\html\haskell98,c:\ghc\doc\html\has
kell98.haddock

The path is the path to the HTML files, and the filename is the name of the .haddock file.  They can be completely different, e.g.

  --read-interface=http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/base,/usr/local/share/ghc-6.0.1/base.haddock

Cheers,
	Simon