Standard Library Haddock-Interfaces?

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 22 09:47:36 EST 2003

> Consider this:
>
>   module M (Monoid(..)) where
>   {
>   import Control.Monad.Monoid;
>   }
>
> I'd like Haddock to show documentation for Monoid in module M (for
> instance).

Unfortunately this isn't possible.  Haddock can produce documentation
with hyperlinks to entities in another package, but it cannot include
full documentation for entities which are re-expored from a different
package.  This would require essentially keeping a copy of the entire
documentation for the package in the interface file.

> Are there standard Haddock-interfaces for the standard
> libraries?

A GHC distribution comes with Haddock interfaces for all the packages
that it ships with.

Cheers,
	Simon