ready to announce?

Jan Skibinski jans@numeric-quest.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:29:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Henrik Nilsson wrote:

> Simon Marlow wrote:
>
> > PS. Henrik - before this discussion gets too detailed, do you want to
> > announce the existence of the mailing list on haskell@haskell.org?
>
> I think it would be very good if we could agree on some general
> design goals and principles before the discussion gets too detailed,
> and incorporate these into an announcement. Obviously, they would
> not be cast in stone, but I think that having a little bit of structure
> from the outset would help in getting a focused and constructive
> design process going, and I also believe that it is somewhat easier
> to decide on that structure in a relatively small group. (Even
> among us, there seems to be some quite different opinions on
> what we are trying to achieve! ;-)

	I second it. We need a bit of time to have some feel
	for each other's position and to define the basic
	terms and goals.

	I also suggest that our discussions should be summarized
	periodicly for the benefit of ours and those who will
	join us later. Henrik, could you do it, say under the heading
	"Summary - date", every so often?

	Jan