Positional cues or not

Jan Skibinski jans@numeric-quest.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:06:51 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Henrik Nilsson wrote:

> In Jan Skibinski's module extractor, I believe the documentation
> comments are identified by the parser rather than the scanner.
> Jan, is that correct? If so, how much more difficult would it be
> to support both commenting styles in that case?

	Yes, by the parser. There should not be any difficulty
	in supporting both styles since it currently extracts any
	kind of comments, including the nested ones, from any strategic
	position, anyway. The next step would be to filter the
	unmarked ones out.

	But I will also try to maintain the lightweight mode for
	reasons of my personal preferences :-), support for
	the legacy code and needs of Haskell Module Browser,
	which currently ignores all comments but the top ones,
	if any.

	Jan