HDoc 0.8.0 released

Armin Groesslinger groessli@fmi.uni-passau.de
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:06:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I finally found the time to work a bit more on HDoc.

This release brings two important changes:

1. Support for end-of-line comments ("---") and special comments
   for data type constructors ("--'"):

   ---
   -- Here's some documentation in the new format.
   --
   data Expr = Number   Double     --' a real value
             | Variable String     --' a variable
             | Expr :+: Expr
             | Expr :-: Expr
             | Expr :*: Expr
             | Expr :/: Expr       --' arithmetic operations

2. The HTML text in the comments is now analyzed (i.e. parsed) by HDoc
   for that future versions can support a non-HTML backend.
   This means that one can only use HTML tags known to HDoc
   (which are few at the moment, see README file or docs/hdoc.pdf), but
   more HTML tags will be added.

Minor changes include:

- "@doc object" tags to associate a comment with a Haskell
  object by name instead of position

- "@see object" tags for references to Haskell objects

Of course, you can find the current release on HDoc's home page at

http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~groessli/hdoc/

Hope you like HDoc 0.8.0.

Regards,

Armin