[Haskell] PLMW at ICFP: Call for Scholarship Applications (due 17 May)

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt icfp.publicity at googlemail.com
Tue May 7 21:03:32 UTC 2019

ACM SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop
Co-located with ICFP'19

PLMW web page: https://icfp19.sigplan.org/home/PLMW-ICFP-2019

The purpose of the programming languages mentoring workshop (PLMW) is to
encourage senior undergraduate and early career (first or second year) to
pursue careers in programming language research. We are specifically
interested in attracting groups who have traditionally not had the
opportunity to participate in research in functional programming. This
workshop will be a combination of learning about the work being done in
several areas of programming language research and mentoring with respect
to helping students prepare for graduate school and the rest of their
career. We will bring together leaders in programming language research
from academia and industry to give talks on the kind of research typically
performed after obtaining a Ph.D. The workshop will engage students,
specifically interested in programming language research, in a process of
imagining how they might contribute to the world.

We especially encourage women and underrepresented minority students to
attend PLMW.

This workshop is part of the activities surrounding ICFP, the International
Conference on Functional Programming, and  takes place the day before the
main conference. One goal of the workshop is to make ICFP conference more
accessible to newcomers. We hope that participants will stay through the
entire conference.

## Travel Scholarship Applications (Due 17 May)

Please fill out this form by 17 May to apply for travel funding.

https://forms.gle/QEvBateG7PRywB336

See the PLMW web page for additional details.

The workshop registration is open to all. Students with alternative sources
of funding are welcome.