[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.2 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Mon Nov 5 16:29:20 UTC 2018
The GHC team is very happy to announce the availability of GHC 8.6.2, a
bugfix release to GHC 8.6.1. The source distribution, binary
distributions, and documentation for this release are available at
The 8.6 release fixes several regressions present in 8.6.1 including:
* A long-standing (but previously hard to manifest) bug resulting in
undefined behavior for some applications of dataToTag# has been fixed
* An incorrect linker path to libgmp in the Mac OS binary distributions
* A regression rendering Windows installations to read-only directories
* A regression resulting in panics while compiling some record updates
of GADTs constructors (#15499)
* A regression resulting in incorrect type errors when splicing types
into constraint contexts has been fixed (#15815)
* Around a dozen other issues.
See Trac  for a full list of issues resolved in this release.
Note that this release ships with one significant but long-standing bug
(#14251): Calls to functions taking both Float# and Double# may result
in incorrect code generation when compiled using the LLVM code generator.
This is not a new issue, it has existed as long as the LLVM code
generator has existed; however, changes in code generation in 8.6 made
it more likely that user code using only lifted types will trigger it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Haskell